Monday, October 15, 2012

Quote of the Damn Day: David Johansen

I remember one time, I was standing on Third Avenue and Third Street, and I was with David Bowie. We were trying to cross Third Avenue, and this truck driver drives by us. And I think he thought we were girls, and he started yelling at us, "I want to eat your
cunt, baby!" And I said, "Oh, yeah, dude, well you’re going to have to suck my dick!" And Bowie was saying, "Oh, no David, don’t provoke him!" And I said, "Listen, that's the way we talk here in New York." So, I guess people would say shit, but it didn’t really offend me or anything." You know, I was onto something, so I wasn’t going to let some idiot deter me from where I was goin
g.


--David Johansen

[Listen, that's the way we talk here in New York, made me laugh. It's so true. I lived in NYC.]



The New York Dolls may be the most wrongly overlooked motherfuckers in the history of rock music. If you haven't yet checked it out, One Day It Will Please Us to Remember Even This is on my continual playlist currently. Highly fucking recommended. The Dolls may have aged, but they sure as fuck don't play like old men.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I LOVE The New York Dolls! High five on having great music taste.! They are legends. I also am a Sex Pistols fan. God Save The Queen! xoxo

Ms. Moon said...

The real ones never completely mellow, do they?
Loved this. Love you.

Big Mark 243 said...

I can't say that I listened to the Dolls much but I do know that they rocked hard!! And I don't consider Buster Poindexter as THE David Johansen..!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Lori!
So good to hear from you. You also have great taste in music. I love you dearly.

Ms. Moon,
NO they do NOT mellow. Nor shall we.

Big Mark,
Love you, doll. Hope all is going well for you. Thanks for reading. I just adore David Johansen. Fucker is smart and just unique as hell.

SB