Friday, January 9, 2009

The Dogs of Toledo, Ohio

Sarcastic Bastard is headed off to beautiful Toledo, Ohio, this afternoon to see the fam-damn-ily for the weekend. It's sort of a belated family Christmas gathering. I'm looking forward to my yearly gift: a carton of smokes and a six-pack of Schlitz or Natty Light. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll throw in some scratch-offs, too!

At this point, I'm just hoping Uncle Gene doesn't back into my car or take out one of the dogs or cats. It sort of casts a pall over the festivities. Luckily, Gene doesn't read this blog, because criticism of his driving skills doesn't go over too well. He gets huffy.

I may still post over the weekend because, quite frankly, what the hell else is there to do in Toledo? Like John Denver sang: I spent a week there one day. Amen, my brother.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey now- I live in Toledo- drive careful- your driving into a snow storm. Enjoying the way you look at the world.