Friday, April 23, 2010

I Just Like the Damn Picture: Rufus Wainwright and Fan

It's been a rough year for Rufus. He lost his beloved mother, Kate, to cancer and composed and staged his first opera. Poor ambitionless bastard. Laugh.

I pre-ordered his new CD All Days Are Nights: Songs for Lulu and received it yesterday. Interesting stuff. Not nearly as "pop" as past CDs, if you can categorize Rufus at all.

I've read a handful of lousy reviews of All Days Are Nights and to these reviewers, I say: Fuck you. Rufus at his worst is better than most people at their best. Eat me, knob head reviewers! Suck it. How dare you criticize genius, you bunch of base fuckwits???

Link to order CD at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/All-Days-Are-Nights-Songs/dp/B0038JH3AU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1272029785&sr=8-1-spell

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

God, he's cute. Did you ever get to listen to any of his daddy's music?

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Ms. Moon,
I have listened to Loudon (I love that name by the way). He's pretty damn great, but not so great a dad, as I understand it. Oh well.

Kate was a damn good mom, though. It all works out.

Love you shitloads,

SB

Syd said...

I know Loudon but haven't heard Rufus. Glad that you are back!

Petit fleur said...

Hot dam Sam... He's a hottay! And a damn fine music maker too.

The Subversive Librarian said...

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk, one of my favorites. Great song. That's Rufus, right?

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Subversive Librarian,
That's Rufus, babe. Great song, but then, they all are.

Love,

SB