Thursday, April 15, 2010

Quote of the Day: Eddie Izzard on the Tory Party

They [the Tories] just want to take all the money and spend it on themselves and live in big houses and then have ducks and duck ponds.

If you put the Tories in, they might have this new thing where they say ‘Oh yes, we’ll be nice to kittens’, but you know it’s the Tory party.

If you look back through the history of the Tory party, have they ever been nice to people? No. They’re nice to themselves. That’s why they joined the Tory party. They want to help themselves move forward and be richer and have duck ponds.

So basically, the Tories are republicans. [I refuse to capitalize republican.]

I adore, Eddie Izzard, by the way. He is my favorite comedian. And also, he's cute, with or without makeup. Cake or death?

9 comments:

Findon said...

He's also right about the tory party. Sadly the same applied to the labour party as well these days. In fact you could not slide a piece of paper between the two.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Findon,
Sorry to hear that, love.

Happy to hear from you, as ever!

Jeannie said...

You have to realize that the Tories (republicans?) in Canada are further left than the Democrats in the States.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Jeannie,
Why doesn't that surprise me? However, they are not further left than me. I am somewhere to the left of Jane Fonda.

Ms. Moon said...

Make room for me on that left-of-Jane-Fonda, Ms. B. I am a tree-hugging, bleeding heart liberal.

All right. I know this gets old but the verification word here?
DOGFRIC

Mmmmm.
No thank-you.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Ms. Moon,
There is ALWAYS room for you!

Steph(anie) said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE Eddie.

Erin said...

Eddie's my favorite, too. I got to see him a couple of years ago and was disappointed he wasn't in make-up. He was still funny and smart as hell, though.

Mary LA said...

I once tried to seduce a woman who looked just like that named Irma 'Rocky' Wentzel. Surely she's not Eddie Izzard?

If Irma is out there, my phone number hasn't changed.

Your verification word has 'yoni' in it.