Thursday, April 8, 2010

An Oh My Blog! Award from My Dear Friend Jeannie

SB's less-than-humble ass received an Oh My Blog! award from the lovely Jeannie of Going incognito. Link: http://mytwocents2.blogspot.com/

One of the options for receiving this award is to define the soundtrack of my childhood. I will list a number of soundtrack items below.

1) The theme song to Gilligan's Island sure as fuck defined my childhood. SB watched EVERY FUCKING EPISODE of Gilligan's Island multiple times a day. I am still attracted to fat friends, because I am always looking for my Skipper. [Remember, I was a VERY SKINNY kid. That made me Gilligan, motherfuckers. Yes, I am sexually confused, but you know that already.]

2) My mother's screams. I was forever running off to a neighbour's and not wanting to come in for dinner and a bath. Also, I got in a lot of trouble, like the time my friend Pat and I threw marshmallows in the windows of a squad car. We were in a tree, damn it. We didn't notice the lights or the emblem on the damn car!

Also, Pat and I called the elderly neighbour man a goddamn baby. Again, the Moms screamed at my ass.

And also, when my cousin, Rob, and I cut Daddum's leather riding mower seat with an old knife we found in the garage. The Mom's was pissed. BITCH SCREAMED. That was like in stereo, because Daddums screamed, too. It was tag team screaming.

3) The sound of police car sirens. We lived a few houses down from the Lee family. They were a bunch of juvenile delinquents, many of whom now reside in the state penitentiary. One of them wanted to date me (I always attracted highbrow men), and in order to woo me, ate a Daddy Long Legs spider. It didn't work. Me no wantum date little Timmy Lee.

Okay, that was a handful of the sounds which made up the soundtrack of my childhood.

Thanks for the award, Jeannie. SB loves you so! You are one of my best Canadian friends (along with Sweden).

13 comments:

Syd said...

I had the hots for Ginger.

Jeannie said...

Love you so much too - thanks for for the insights

I should think about my childhood more. I don't think my mother knew a fraction of what we got into. I don't remember her screaming so much as being icy cool. And that was normal. You just didn't want it to get any worse.

Ms. Moon said...

You did it again- you made me laugh with your mindly stories.
Mindly?
Hey- I'm old. I can make up words when I want to.
I LOVED this.

Lori said...

Yay! Congratulations to you! Good call on Gilligan's. Also, I am so glad you didn't fall for the "watch me eat a daddy long legs"..you are far to suave to fall for that tired pick up. Love ya!

michelle said...

I loved Gilligan's Island. And Lost in Space. And Bewitched. But we discussed that already

Anonymous said...

Nice! Congrats on the award, and THANK YOU for the kind words. See, you're not such a bastard. Ha ha ha TOTALLY kidding! Whew! I couldn't say that without a straight face! Ok bye.

Petit fleur said...

Sounds like our childhoods have a lot in common. My folks are from Ohio... maybe it's an Ohio thang. heheh~

Congrats on your award. Very cool.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Syd,
Ginger was hot. I had semi-gay feelings for her, but I REALLY DUG the Professor. Nerdy smart guys turn me on. They blush when you get nekkid with them. YES!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Jeannie,
I love you tons. Hope you have a great weekend!

Thanks again for the award.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Ms. Moon,
Be mindly that I love you.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Lori & Michelle,
I love you two broads!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Adam,
BE CAREFUL, I HAVE A REPUTATION TO MAINTAIN. Laugh.

I have been thinking of you. I wish you peace.

Love,

SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

PF,
You know I love you!