Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Dead People I Admire and Would Like to Trade Dick Cheney For


Bob Morris, the Man in Black, crime photographer/columnist for the Savannah Morning News, beloved Savannah character.

I sent Bob a card to cheer him when he was sick (he died several weeks later), and he sent me a thank-you card in return. I still have his card, framed, and sitting on my nightstand. The card meant a lot to me because I admired his work so and because I knew he was dying when he sent it. That he would take the trouble to send me that card said a lot about Bob. If I were on my death bed, I don't think I'd be worrying about sending out thank-you cards. Instead, I'd be busy screaming my head off and making everyone's life a living hell before I checked out.

Here are links for two fine articles about Bob.
http://old.savannahnow.com/stories/090905/3278832.shtml

No comments: