Monday, September 13, 2010

Shit SB Says in Response to a Dostoyevsky Quote She Was Sent

"Perhaps it was owing to the terrible misery that was growing in my soul through something which was of more consequence than anything else about me: that something was the conviction that had come upon me that nothing in the world mattered. I had long had an inkling of it, but the full realisation came last year almost suddenly. I suddenly felt that it was all the same to me whether the world existed or whether there had never been anything at all: I began to feel with all my being that there was nothing existing. At first I fancied that many things had existed in the past, but afterwards I guessed that there never had been anything in the past either, but that it had only seemed so for some reason. Little by little I guessed that there would be nothing in the future either".

That's some nihilistic shit there, man.

8 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

And depressing, too.

Syd said...

Sounds pretty bad but maybe true.

Anonymous said...

It’s almost like watching an episode of Sienfeld, eh?

Have a nice day, Boonie

Big Mark 243 said...

I think that this is what the cat in the Radiohead 'Just' video realizes and he simply lay down on the sidewalk and let what he wasn't sure of pass. Then when people came to ostensibly help him with his affliction and he doesn't tell them, they get mad until finally he breaks down and then everyone knows what he knows... like he knows...

like the cat in your quote knows... that it all may be worthless.

ZenGato said...

I have never read any Dostoevsky but it has been on my mind ever since reading the latest Memoirs of a Heroinhead post. This quote just has me more psyched to check him out.

Petit fleur said...

Hee hee! Think he's got some issues?

Parabolic Muse said...

you slay me.

or maybe you don't and i just think you do. maybe this isn't really even you. who the hell is it?

Anyway, Vlad (was that his name?). Let's call him Vlad. Vlad had substance abuse issues, I've decided.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

ZenGato,
I'm with you babe.

PF,
Oh, yes. Definitely.

Parabolic Muse,
Yes, he certainly did.