Friday, June 5, 2009

American Faces: Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood is one of my favorite American Faces because I love him more and more with each movie. Because I can't remember a time that I wasn't familiar with his wonderful face, which I adore more as it ages. Because he was a gun-toting tough guy all the conservative men in my family loved and because he grew older and renounced that very image by illustrating how senseless violence is in his films. Because he once said in an interview, "I like the libertarian view, which is to leave everyone alone. And when asked about gay marriage, replied: "From a libertarian point of view, you would say, 'Yeah? So what?' You have to believe in total equality. People should be able to be what they want to be and do what they want -- as long as they're not harming people." Because he's Morgan Freeman's hero and he is also mine.

9 comments:

Lou said...

Clint is hawt.."go ahead, make my day" is what I would say to him.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

That was funny, Lou!

Love ya,

SB

Lady Lemon said...

Dude, C.E. is the shit. I always loved how in Back to the Future Michael J tells everyone that's his name and they name the bridge after him.

Morgan Freeman? Also the shit.

"The painted man, he haunts my dreams!!"

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Lady Lemon,
Welcome! Love your blog and comments. Thanks for checking my site out. Love the painted man line.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I grew up watching both Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman(remember the Electric Co.), they don't have many icons left like these two. (Hugs)Indigo

Big Mark 243 said...

I think he is still underrated as a director ... just watched 'Mystic River' and I was left with wondering why it took me so long to watch it ..!

Memoirs of a Heroinhead said...

Hiya SB,

Yeah Clints one of those few people that have come to their own and have mnagd to allow themselves to be reanalysed.

Growing up the name Clint Eastwood symbolised a certain type of man, a man that went against much of what I believe in. But hat was through other peoples dirction of him... his way to earn his living an give him the freedom to express his own thoughts and ideas.

The man now has very little to do with that earlier image, and has become someone that I've a lot of respect for.... though his actings a little dodgy!! lol (You can kill me for that remark... I've died before!)

Hope you're well SB... Love and thoughts, Shane. x

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Welcome Big Mark!

Please join us and comment often. I'm glad to have you here.

Best,

SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Shane,
I'd never kill you for an opinion. We'll leave that to the crazed evangelicals.

I love you, man. Thanks a lot for reading.

SB