Monday, June 29, 2009

If You Can't Have Fun with Tiki Torches, There Is Something Wrong with You


Dear Peeps,

Reading all of your comments cheered me the fuck up, and I had a nice, but very-busy-with-visitors, weekend. Thanks for all of your sweet, funny comments! I love my damn peeps! So first, a damn thank you.

At some point during the busy weekend, I was telling the Moms that I was married and lived in a home with a family and am WAY less lonely now, living alone. How's that shit for irony? My married family (each and every member) even visited me over the weekend. I had quality time, talking with EACH and EVERY one of them. We weren't watching TV. Nobody was on a laptop or DAMN cell phone. Wow.

In fact, my ass had so many visitors over the weekend, I was looking forward to Sunday afternoon, after everybody left, for some quiet downtime, but then my stepdaughter phoned and wanted to come see Ginger and my new place. She didn't stay long, and after she left, I ran a short errand and had settled in for the early evening, when the kids (with 3 kids of their own) next door, came home and asked me to come outside on the shared deck and drink a beer with them.

So, of course, I went, because it involved cold beer and young pretty company, and SB is a vampire like that, and by the time I got inside, it was nearly bed time. Oh well. It was fun. The kids (with kids) had tiki torches, goddamnit. There is something wrong with you if you can't have fun around tiki torches! Trust me. And if nobody gets their damn hair singed, then it wasn't a good time. And if SB doesn't teach you motherfuckers another damn thing, let it be that.

The kids (of the grown kids) were running all around the tiki torches, and the kid-parents weren't even concerned. God bless them. One of the tikis was even perilously close to the wall of our shared dwelling place. Fuck it. It was a good time!

Then, after I went inside the house, I realized the kid-parents are even older than the Moms was, when she plunked my ungrateful squalling ass out. Jesus. SB is an old motherfucker. OLD.

This coming weekend will be a four-day weekend for my ass, and I am planning to hide out a little. Just a little. I needs ma downtime, people. It ain't easy being me. It's a fucking full-time job.

10 comments:

Alec Beattie said...

Stop refering to yourself as 'old' because I'm the same age as you, and I'm NOT a fucking coffin dodger.
Glad to see you're feeling better. I told you beer was the answer.

'Stoopid Slapped Puppies' said...

hey SB Im glad ya having a great time.
On another matter entirely, I was watching Ugly Betty, one of my favourite shows btw and there was a cool line, wheree Mark the fashion victim say's to her
'Betty ya blouse is more dreary that a drive through Ohio' I just raored thinking of you.
Have fun, juust wanted to tell ya and all
Nick XX

Steph(anie) said...

I loves me some tiki torches. And kids have to learn not to get burned somehow.

Ms. Moon said...

My goodness, SB, you have a social life!
Isn't it funny how these things all sort of clump up? I'm glad you had fun with the tiki torches and all.
You needed some fun.
And now you need some rest because we all need for you to be you and we do realize it's a hard job and a big responsibility so get with it and take a nap or something. Soon.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Alec,
BEER is almost always the answer. Well, beer and love. All you need is beer, beer, beer. . .

Love to you,

SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Nick,
Ohio always gets picked on in the media. But it's only sucky in winter. It's gorgeous here today. I sat out in my new back yard at lunch and watcher Mercer learn how to socialize with the two outdoor neighbor cats. It was really funny. Mercer is a bit grouchy and the two other cats are lovey. It makes for interesting encounters.

Ginger chewed on a 12-year-old bone in the sunlight. Happy as a pig in shit.

Anyhoo, there are worse states than Ohio--take Kansas and Iowa. Jesus--talk about boring! They are the Black Country of America. Get me?

Love, love, love,

SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Steph,
You are too damn right about kids and tikis.

Love you,

SB

Lady Lemon said...

Jesus, how the fuck old ARE you SB? I thought we were more or less close in age.

Glad you had a decent weekend. It was needed.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

My Dear Lady Lemon,
I am 40-fucking-3, but my immaturity makes me look and act much younger.

Love, SB.

Syd said...

SB, we aren't old, just well seasoned. It sounds like a fun time with the tiki torches. I'm looking forward to the long weekend ahead as well.