Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bukowski Got It


Raja

my cats


I know. I know.
they are limited, have different
needs and
concerns.

but I watch and learn from them.
I like the little they know,
which is so
much.

they complain but never
worry,
they walk with a surprising dignity.
they sleep with a direct simplicity that
humans just can’t
understand.

their eyes are more
beautiful than our eyes.
and they can sleep 20 hours
a day
without
hesitation or
remorse.

when I am feeling
low
all I have to do is
watch my cats
and my
courage
returns.

I study these
creatures.

they are my
teachers.

--Charles Bukowski

6 comments:

Jeannie said...

Cats work. Dogs do too.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Jeannie,
Yes, they do.

Big Mark 243 said...

I have to get me a cat. For real.

Ms. Moon said...

Colin loved his cat beyond measure. One more thing I know about him which made him a superior human being.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Ms. Moon,
The Moms and I think that men who love cats are very fine men indeed. Colin proves the point well.

Sweden said...

wait RAJA is one of yours???????
I forgot what the breed is called....we used to have one named Carmen, when i was 11, we drove across the country to breed her to later sell them and make some sweet cashola for the pure breeds, she only had 2 kittens, one normal and one runt, we sold the normal one really fast, and nobody wanted the tiny runt, i think mom gave him away or something. poor guy.

i still think u should photo and blog all 7. im going to keep bugging u about it.