Monday, February 14, 2011

I will not be posting this week.

I just received word that a friend, a very sweet unselfish soul, who basically worked in order to send money back to the poor in his native country of Vietnam, committed suicide over the weekend. I had some of the best philosophical discussions of my life with Dinh. He was very wise, and I am heart sick. Please light a candle, say a prayer, or whatever you like, in memory of Dinh. He was a good Buddhist, a sweet soul, and a very good man. The world is a shittier place without him.

Thank you.

10 comments:

Vix said...

How sad. I shall think of Dinh and light some incense in his honour. Take care and much love to you. xxx

Jeannie said...

When someone we are connected to dies, it's like a light has gone out in the world. And there always seems to be that spot of darkness, an empty void, left in your soul or psyche or the universe - whatever you want to call it.

Grieve well.

Mj Rains said...

I feel very sad for you. I send you the best love possible, and prayers go out to your lost friend...

Ms. Moon said...

I will light some incense and a candle.
Bless him.
Bless you.
Bless this troubled world.

Steph(anie) said...

Suicides of people I have known have been some of the hardest times in my life. I am sorry for what you are going through and that Dinh could no longer see the light in this world.

Mel's Way or No Way said...

I am so sorry SB...you and Dinh are in my thoughts. Hugs to you.
Mel

Mr.Mischief said...

I am so, so sorry for the loss of your friend, SB.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Thanks for all of your kind words. I'm doing okay, I am just sad for Dinh. He and his fiance got gypped.

BMelonsLemonade said...

My condolences to you. It is always sad to lose someone. I will keep you in my thoughts. You are loved, remember that.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

BMelons,
As are you. Thank you.