Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Moms is an alien. But I am not one of them.

THE ALIENS
from The Last Night of the Earth Poems

you may not believe it
but there are people
who go through life with
very little
friction of distress.
they dress well, sleep well.
they are contented with
their family
life.
they are undisturbed
and often feel
very good.
and when they die
it is an easy death, usually in their
sleep.

you may not believe
it
but such people do
exist.

but i am not one of
them.
oh no, I am not one of them,
I am not even near
to being
one of
them.
but they
are there

and I am
here.

--Charles Bukowski (again)

[This post is for Ms. Moon. She is not one of them either, so that puts me in VERY GOOD company.]

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

He speaks profoundly for many of us. But where did he find these supposed people?

And you can post poetry like this any time.


Love you muchly.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Jeannie,
I kid you not. The Moms is exactly this sort of person. So was my best friend from high school. How I came from Moms is beyond me. She wonders the same damn thing, believe me.

I love you, buddy.

Big Mark 243 said...

I believe the same thing... always have.

BUT... it is a lot easier to reach than many people think. They only need to believe and let things happen. You tell someone that it is how you react that determines how good/bad things are, they look at you like you sprouted two heads...

Misery loves company... and people would love to share theirs... evny consumes happiness... and that is why I think there are so many miserable people walking around...

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Big Mark,
You are a wise man.

Love,

SB