Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quote of the Damn Day from My Dear Friend, Shane

It is a cold day. It feels like there's ice outside. The sky is bright blue but fragile. It always feels like this when junk is seeping out your body. It's as if all the evils of all the world are hanging about outside waiting to descend upon you. Wind, noises, rain, smell, light. It is all there and all intrusive, like the the unwelcome touch of an unwanted lover. Coming off heroin feels like rape.

If you haven't yet visited Shane's blog, Memoires of a Heroinhead, you are in for a damn treat. He is one of the best writers I know and a very kind, gracious person as well. If you have a stereotype of a heroin addict in your head, it will likely change drastically after your encounter with Shane and his work. I very highly recommend his blog. I've read very few blogs from beginning to end, but I was compelled to read Shane's entire blog the first weekend I encountered it.

3 comments:

Syd said...

He is good. I need to go back and read some of his more recent posts.

Big Mark 243 said...

I will poke about.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Shane's writing is really good. I read his blog too. I wish he blogged ore often, but then he is often busy! xx