Monday, May 4, 2009

Bastardly Pets! Birdpress and Alice

This is my new friend, Birdpress (obviously her blogger name) and her lovely Standard Poodle, Alice. SB doesn't like the little precious, fluffy poodles, but I do like Standards. A neighbour had one growing up. I love this photo with the leaves and Birdpresses beautiful red hair. The colours in the photo blow me away. Plus, Alice is black (my favorite colour) and a damn fine-looking canine specimen.

Birdpress is a very funny blogger, who I have been reading regularly. The link to her site can be found on the right side of the page under my blog list. Check her out. You'll be glad you did.

Here is some commentary on Alice from Birdy.

Standard poodles are big clowns, and Alice is no exception. She loves to be silly and make people laugh. She also has tons of patience since it takes me about 3-4 hours to groom her every four weeks and she never has a problem with that, except when I shave her feet because they are very ticklish! She will stand still for as long as I tell her to. Sometimes we mess with her and make her stand still while we stack things on her. It's like playing poodle jenga, except we balance soft things, like dog toys and pillows. I keep meaning to take a picture of this.

She does lots of typical tricks, and a few non-typical ones, but mostly she's just a sweet, loving, fun dog.

Thanks for the submission to Bastardly Pets, Birdpress, and thanks for joining us here!

4 comments:

Lou said...

Alice's hair really does look cool next to the dog.

I didn't know that were giant poodles
roaming the earth. Cool!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, SB! What, no comments? I almost missed it myself though. You have way more interesting things to blog about than I do. I need to go catch up!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I love your blog, Birdpress. It's just hard to carve out the time, isn't it?

Best,

SB

Anonymous said...

Umm... was Lou callin' me a dog???