Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Shoulder Pads Are Back, Hallelujah!

My prayers have been answered--the 80's are back! My ass bought a new jacket yesterday, and IT HAS SHOULDER PADS! Yes, you read that right. And any of you who were born without shoulders, like me, will understand my joy. Now, I just have to wait for BIG HAIR to make a comeback.

The 80's were my heyday, peeps. I wish I had a picture of myself back then. SB ruled! I had big rockstar hair and wore lots of glittery band jackets with VERY BIG shoulder pads. I was flash! Rick James was my personal style icon. Since I grew up in a farm town, I was quite the spectacle. I was a TREND SETTER, motherfuckers! Everybody else wore flannel shirts. FLANNEL SHIRTS! The horror. The horror.

Below is a photo of the ultimate 80's shoulder pad-wearing icon (besides myself, of course). I'm going to dig out my old Howard Jones and Duran Duran CDs tonight and dance around in my new chic-as-a-motherfucker jacket.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Babe were ya like Fallon from Thee Colby's LOL

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Where did an English lad see The Colby's? That was not American TV at its best. You made me laugh though.

SB

Anonymous said...

hahahaha
on cable here LOL
I used to watch just to see if Charlton Heston's wig was gonna fall off hehehee

Mark said...

Quel cauchemar, as we say in French. What a nightmare.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Or quel nightmare, as SB says. Thanks for reading, Mark (with a k).

Love,

SB