Friday, April 22, 2011

I Just Like the Damn Picture, Okay?

How could you not like Marlon? He liked to fuck with people, plus he dug cats and food. And if you were an especially good friend, he might call you at night and wake your unworthy ass up to sing to you. Imagine the honor of that!

My favorite Brando story is that Marlon was trying to lose some weight, so he asked his housekeeper to lock the gate to his estate so that he couldn't go in to town for food after the housekeeper left for the day. Sometime during the evening, Marlon got hungry for some McDonald's, and since he couldn't get off the damn estate, he phoned the local McDonald's and offered to pay a worker there to drive up the hill and throw him a bag of burgers over the estate wall. That shit is American ingenuity at it's finest.

I love you, Marlon, wherever you are. God bless you.

9 comments:

Jane Lancaster said...

Elaine Stritch said when she knew Brando he said this to her, "Elaine I want two things from you... SILENCE and DISTANCE."

Rena said...

a true legend, and one hunk of a man, right to the very end

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Jane,
I love Elaine Stritch. Broad is a hoot.

Terena,
Yes ma'am. Indeed.

Omgrrrl said...

Looooves me some Marlon Brando. Aaaand he was from Omaha. OK... he was born here. Come visit me and we will find his birthplace. I bet there is a unicorn marking the spot!

Ms. Moon said...

I don't know. After that Tango in Paris movie I sort of got creeped out by him.

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

God love Marlon! I'll never forget that scene in Heart of Darkness where he's moaning that he looks fat on camera. Love you xx

Spadoman said...

Ge's one of my favorites too.

"STELLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Raw as Stanley Kowalski in 'Streetcar'

Apocalypse Now comes to mind as well.

Good stuff.

Peace

Syd said...

He will remain the Godfather to me.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Omgrrl,
Yes, he was THE TOTAL COOLNESS. I'll bet there is a unicorn, too.

Ms. Moon,
Tango was sort of creepy. I didn't get the hubbub over it, frankly.

My favorite role was Apocalypse Now. The man fascinated me.