Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mapplethorpe on the Brain this Week

Just because the motherfuckers in Cincinnati are pinheads and tried to ban the Mapplethorpe Exhibit, doesn't mean all Ohioans are dicks. Robert is my favorite photographer, and I celebrate his fucking uniqueness as an artist and a human being. Also, I always had a major crush on him. He was beautiful and I miss him.

If you think Mapplethorpe's art is filth, get the fuck off my page! We don't need gay-hating pinheads here. [Mark's post today has inspired me! Now I'm gettting carried away with booting motherfuckers off my site.]

11 comments:

Tom said...

This is great. I totally agree, he was amazing. I remember when all that anti-Mapplethorpe shit went down in Cincy, and I thought it was a fucking joke. There is an article in the current Rolling Stone about Patti Smith and her early life in NYC, living and working with him. If you haven't read it, you should check it out. Good stuff. Thanks for keeping the spirit of people like him alive. Love you, SB.

Tom

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Tom,
I just ordered Patti's book. You can borrow it when I am done with it, if you like.

Thanks for reading moi.

Love, SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Dish,
Me too!

Syd said...

I like your open-mindedness SB. I am with you on this.

mrs.missalaineus said...

this does not surprise me. i am not a fan of the ohio. my favorite part of the ohio is leaving it.

as far as i am concerned cedar point and ms sb are the only redeeming qualities of ohio. three cheers for cedar point (and mullet counting that ensues there) three cheers for SB!!!!!


xxalainaxx

michelle said...

aye aye aye.

Are they STILL banning Maplethorpe?

I thought everyone got over that, like, 20 years ago.
But obviously I live under a rock. Which is a good place to live.

Pathetic

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Thanks, Miss A.!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Miss A.,
I forgot to add that Paul Newman came from Ohio. That's another BIG plus for us.

Love, SB.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Michelle,
No, I was speaking of a long time ago. That incident.

Love, SB.

the walking man said...

Years ago I hung his exhibition at the DIA. the man had clearness and cleanness in his style. Vaguely reminiscent to Ansel Adams but with better equipment.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Walking Man,
Yes, cleanness, exactly. What a cool thing to hang his exhibition!

Love, SB.