Friday, January 29, 2010

A Tale of Familial (But Hopefully Not Genetic) Stupidity

Back in the day, my Uncle Buck (a drunk) and Grandpa Heeter (another drunk), were sitting at a little hole-in-the-wall-bar they favored outside town.

One night, after quite a few libations, they started to argue about the quickest way back to town. This went on for awhile, and I imagine their voices got louder (slurry, but louder), as drunk voices will do, and finally, the two drunks decided to settle the bet by racing back to town, each taking his own "shortest" route. Believe it or not, nobody won the damn bet, because Buck and Gramps smacked into each other at a cross street in the middle of town.

Truth really is stranger than fiction. Also, Gramps and Buck were pretty dumb.

2 comments:

Petit fleur said...

I can't believe you actually had an UNCLE BUCK!! That's a riot!

Ms. Moon said...

Stop it. I'm going to pee in my pants. Not dignified.