Thursday, January 28, 2010

This Fucker Needs to Take His Damn Medicine

Hello, this is my first post.

Well I went into the movie yesterday thinking I was just going to see a sci-fi romp. Little did I know it would change my life forever. I sat in the theater after it was over just stunned, and then I began to cry. I was ripped apart with feelings I had never had before, hate for myself and my species, hate for my capitalistic and worthless society, and a feeling of such despair that I would never be able to know the Na’vi or their superior culture and way of life. I was there just thinking and crying for about 15 minutes before an usher asked me to leave. I told him I never wanted to leave and he was confused for a second. Then he said I had to go and if I wanted to see this “crappy movie” again I’d have to pay for another ticket. Well to cut to the chase it got a bit heated at that point and we ended up in a shoving match. The police officer who took me out of there didn’t seem to care either. When I told him he was a tool of an oppressive society that is destroying the world he laughed at me. Now I’ve got a charge against me for public disturbance but I don’t care. Hopefully that jerk usher got fired.

The next day I saw it at a different theater in 3d. All of a sudden the world was as real as my own. At the end I stood up and started telling the people that they were the bad guys and were killing the Na’vi everyday with their western society. I said look at Afghanistan! I got cussed out and had a soda thrown on me but I wore those like a badge of honor, I felt like a Na’vi standing against human oppression and sickness. I just wished I had a weapon at that point and could have fought like Jake did. Jake was so strong. I began to wish that I could be like a new Hitler, only instead of exterminating one race I’d do the whole human race then shoot myself at the end. My mom always said I get too wrapped up in this stuff but she is an idiot who is just as much part of the problem as every other American. I told her when I got home and she cried but I don’t care anymore, I’m 35 and I can do what I want in my room and don’t have to take any “medicine” if I don’t want to. Did the Na’vi take pills to “get better” Did the Indians? Nope. I just wish I could stop thinking of this; it’s more than a movie. My Mom used to think I was too into WoW but that was just a game. I quit playing and told my guild wife there to just forget me. This feels real, that is just stupid now. I don’t even really want to go into work.

Sorry for a long first post. I’m in an emotional state right now and just wanted to vent with other believers. I wish I could wake up and be in a real world, not this hell hole we have created on Earth. I don’t know if I should cry or be mad anymore.

[I know it's mean, but I am still laughing over this post. In fact, I will probably laugh the WHOLE REST OF THE DAY.]

9 comments:

Steph(anie) said...

It's funny and tragic at the same time. His poor mother. This guy probably really will kill someone some day.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Steph,
I had the same thought. Sucker's nuts, as Daddums would say.

Jeannie said...

You didn't post the link!!!!

LMAO - except it's really sad in a real world kind of way. And he's absolutely right about our oppressive society and the Na'vi are so much superior in every way.

We don't have any Na'vi in our neighborhood but if we did, I would be very friendly and defend them against the rest of the community.

Love you.
(word verification: unfulate - sounds kinda sexy don't you think?)

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Jeannie,
I'm part Ojibwa. That makes me semi-superior, too, right? Laugh.

Unfulate DOES sound sexy.

I love you more.

SB

Sage Ravenwood said...

Blink- Um, he does know it's just a movie right. Definitely needs his medicine, the sooner the better. Hopefully before someone ends up dead.

As for Avatar. My first thoughts when I first heard what it was about - it was a futuristic storyline of what happened to Native Americans. Yes, it's sad. Destroying any civilization for whatever means will always be senseless. Doesn't mean I want to go around killing people.(Hugs)Indigo

Ms. Moon said...

I am thinking this is going to be a great blog.

Kathleen Scott said...

And the best part was your title.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Thanks, Kathleen. I was rather proud of that one!

Petit fleur said...

Egads!