Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Two Ill-Mannered Motherfucking Punks

Last night, after the doctor, I went to Kroger to get my prescriptions filled, and decided to pick up a few things while I waited. When I went to check out, I had two young college-aged men walk right at my laden cart, refusing to move for me. I moved, but when I got around them, I said (quite loudly), ASSHOLES! Can you imagine me saying that? In public, no less?

Can you imagine? I certainly wasn't raised that way. I don't think much AT ALL of their generation. I think they are a bunch of spoiled selfish entitled little assholes, by and large (my brother Nick and Cousin Sheila and Jessie Moon and a few others excepted). And yes, I am getting old and cranky and grouchy. Granted. And also, Yankees are ruder over all than southerners. Southerners have better manners, and yes, I am on a rant and feeling bitter about the Civil War this morning. I'll get over it. Maybe after another cup of coffee. By the way, our Rebel soldiers drank shitty chickory coffee, because the damn Yankees high jacked all their good supplies, even their toilet paper. My whole theory of why the Yankees ACTUALLY WON the Civil War hinges on toilet paper (I once considered doing a PhD thesis on it), but that's another story for another day. Yankee Fuckers. Theiving sonsabitches. [Except for Joshua Chamberlain. His ass gets a pass because he was an English professor.]

4 comments:

That Hank said...

So it ever was. Empathy and manners have to be learned, and they take a while.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

DTG,
Yes. Your Mama taught you right.

I love you. Hope you are feeling better. I have been thinking about you.

That Hank said...

I am, and I hope you are. I've been thinking about you as well.

Erin said...

Was just talking about how different it is up north, and how people just aren't as warm as they are in the south. Not that they're not nice, it's just different. Like, holding open the door for the person behind you, and things like that.