Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Have a Book by Wendell Berry

I have a book by Wendell Berry that collects all the passages in the New Testament where Jesus speaks of peace, love, brotherhood, mercy, fair treatment of the poor, and forgiveness. I believe Mr. Berry did this in disgust with the folks who twist and misinterpret the Bible and use Christianity to justify their own un-Godly pursuits.

It is an important book, and I cherish it. Here is a link, if you are interested in reading it. It is a small, but powerful, book.
http://www.amazon.com/Blessed-Are-Peacemakers-Compassion-Forgiveness/dp/1593761007/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257867060&sr=8-19

It comforts me, in these times, that there are still some true elders worth looking to for guidance. When Mr. Vonnegut died, I felt very lucky that the world still contained Wendell Berry.

4 comments:

Petit fleur said...

Love you SB.
xo pf

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I love you, too, PF. I think you'll really like Mr. Berry.

Changedit said...

awwww and me. xxx

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Fishy,
I love you, too! Always.