Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'm Done with Meat, I've Had It

This just blows my mind and makes me SO ANGRY and sick to my stomach. I was a total vegetarian for 6 years when I was younger (no chicken, no fish, no seafood). I'm going back.

I lasted maybe for about the first two minutes of this video at the link below. It was all I could take. And if you don't watch, because you don't want to know, so you can go on enjoying your hamburgers, you are a hypocrite and you know it. I think if you choose to eat meat, you should be required to watch this film.

Hatfield Quality Meats/Country View Family Farms, get fucked. This is part of their hypocritical core values statement (direct quote). "We will continue to build on the values that our company was founded upon by striving to operate in a way that will honor the Lord Jesus Christ as demonstrated through our Integrity, Ethics and Stewardship." Assholes.

Tell Hatfield what you think. I am!

Hatfield Quality Meats
Executive Profile:
Philip A. Clemens Chairman, Chairman of Owners' Advisory Council and Chief Executive Officer, The Clemens Family Corporation.

CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS
2700 Clemens RoadHatfield, Pennsylvania 19440 United States
Phone: 215-368-2500
Fax: 215-368-3018

Meat is murder.

Link to story/video: http://www.truecrimereport.com/2009/11/undercover_video_makes_country.php

13 comments:

shane rocket said...

i got to the castration/cutting the tail off. barf. horrific bullshit!

i also was a vege about 9 yrs ago. no meat either. i just got back on the wagon.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Shane Rocket,
Thanks for reading me, buddy. Welcome to Sarcastic Bastard. Please visit often.

Good for you for getting back on the wagon. Together, we'll stay strong.

Love, SB.

justme said...

I will admit that I didn't watch the video, SB. I do so love meat, and I want to go on loving meat. I need to tell you, however, that we mostly (as in I would say about 98% of the time) get our meat locally in bulk - as in we buy a half a cow or a whole pig that was raised by some guy we know locally and was butchered and processed at our locally owned and operated meat locker. (I am guessing the video has to do with the deplorable conditions at some huge meat processing conglomerate...). We also get some of our meat (venison, fish and sometimes pheasant or other types of bird) from family that hunts it themselves and has it processed locally.

I am guilty of buying frozen chicken breasts and salmon.

So, I am going to continue eating and enjoying my meat,cause dammit I LIKE meat, but I *AM* trying to do it in the most humane manner possible. Because yeah, that type of shit is fucked up and breaks my heart, and it surely isn't like back in the day when man either hunted and butchered it or raised and butchered it himself.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Justme,
I appreciate your honesty, and you know SB loves you, but the Moms always argues the humane meat source thing, too. But I say death is death, man. If the animal had the choice it certainly would not choose to die (in any fashion--no matter how humane). Wouldn't life be your choice, too? Life would sure as fuck be my choice.

Love, SB.

justme said...

Life would totally be my choice, SB. Luckily for us the dinosaurs went extinct and we are (mostly, kind of) at the top of the food chain, otherwise it COULD be us for dinner...

I hear ya though, and it is horrific, but I'm at peace with the way I get my meat.

erin said...

I don't eat meat. But I do eat fish.

I can't give up japanese. I've given up my body to my children, I've given my heart to Jeremiah, I've given my days to housework and parenting and work, but I will not give up japanese food. Or at least the sushi/vegetable noodles. ha.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Erin,
Fair enough, babe. I understand. You're doing better than most.

Love, SB.

Ms. Moon said...

So when you come visit, I'll make you yummy vegetarian meals. I can do that, you know.
And I can't watch that video. I would probably have to go cut off some of my own body parts in atonement and I just can't afford to lose any right now.
I'm having salmon for dinner and yes, that is meat too.

May said...

I love you.

Syd said...

I once saw something on Public TV about slaughter houses. It made me sick and horrified. I became a vegetarian for 8 years but then gradually went back to eating meat. Now I wonder.

mrs.missalaineus said...

i go back and forth with the meat thing, i refer to myself as a fallen vegetarian or closet carnivore.

i will watch when i take my next break.

xxalainaxx

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Ms. Moon and May,
I love you both, whether you eat meat or not.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Miss A.,
Closet carnivore. I love that.

Love you too!