Wednesday, November 25, 2009

This One Is for Ms. Moon and Owen

I think of them every time I hear this song. I wish I had written it. It would have been a perfect gift to welcome Owen to the world.

The writer/singer is Shawn Mullins, and he is such a beautiful artist. I am so in awe of his voice and the way in which he sees the world.

True love it is a rock. Owen was born to shimmer. He was born to shine. Ms. Moon, you already do. I love your way.

This song is for you guys. Mary, I expect you to hold Owen and dance to it. Laugh. Somebody had better take a picture of that shit, too.

6 comments:

Ms. Moon said...

Ahhhh. Thank-you. I am going to keeping Owen next week for a few days and I will play him this song and I'll betcha we're going to dance. I'll see if we can get a picture.
I love you so much, Ms. Bastard. You are just precious.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

I love you back, Ms. Moon. I adore you!

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you how often I EVER click on youtube posts of music performances.

Pretty much next to never.

But I'm glad I clicked on that one. Me Likey!

May said...

This made me cry. I'm just sitting here, crying, thinking about Owen and Mama and oh, SB... I would've loved you for your brilliance alone, but you love my Mama too. You are family SB. I will hug you so hard.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

May,
I do love your Mama and all of you. I will hug you back SO HARD. Can't wait!

Love, SB.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Vinomom,
Yeah, he's great, isn't he?

Glad you liked it.

Love you,

SB