Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Post I Happen to Deeply Agree With

Link to post at Be gay about it.: http://begayaboutit.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/maine/

Goddamn the ignorance in this country. All people are created equal. Our country is founded on this principle. ALL PEOPLE. Until gay people are treated with dignity and accorded the same rights as everyone else, we bear a deep and lasting shame as a nation.

If you use your religion to make other people feel less than, shame on you. And shame on our government for using legislation to make a good portion of our citizens feel like they are lesser.

History will judge us harshly, and right will win in the end.

12 comments:

'Stoopid Slapped Puppies' said...

SB
HIstory will indeed judge those people harshly...you? Never...
and remember
'do not go gently into that night
Rage, Rage, Rage'.

justme said...

Hell yeah.

Lori said...

My best friend is gay. He has gotten beat up coming out of clubs at night, all the usual bs. that is a part of his life. He is flaming and makes no pretense as to what he is. People who use religion are lame. I was taught that only God can judge. BTW-lol, I l love your "about me"...wonderful....

Petit fleur said...

That is one eloquent communicator. I HAD to leave a comment! I just love how the whole issue was framed and addressed. Very classy.

When I'm feeling that-a-way... not so classy. Gloves come off and I am just a raving castrating lunatic! I'm in awe of those who can keep their cool under fire. I aspire to that.
Thanks as always,
pf

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Nick,
I love you. Enough said.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Justme,
Thank you and HELL YEAH!

Love,

SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Lori,
Welcome! I'm sure I would love your friend. He sounds great.

Please join us here often. I love reading what you write.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

PF,
Clearly I'm a hot head, too.

Love you,

SB

That Hank said...

If there's not enough marriage to go around, I will gladly donate my marriage rights to a gay couple. I don't plan to use them.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

DTG,
I hear you my brother, and I know you know this, but it's just plain shitty and wrong.

I love you.

The Dish said...

I think all poor chumps have the right to be "happy" in unholy matrimony. If it is good enough for Mr. Burns...

Oh, and I wrote you a post.

Syd said...

I think that there is a lot of moronocity in this country. I would like to think optimistically that those who think for themselves and believe in liberty and justice for all aren't threatened by gays, blacks, Latinos, or any group that happens to not fit the norm according to Fox news.