Friday, November 20, 2009

Quick Post Today

Apologies blog family, but just time for a quick post today.

The REALLY AND TRULY FINAL deadline on my project is today, and I also have two more things that have cropped up here at work that I need to take care of by end of day. On top of that, we have a two-hour mandatory company-wide luncheon/meeting today, so I will be short two fucking hours to get everything done. Happy Friday!

On top of that, I found out last night that Ginger (my asshole-licking dog) has fucking fleas! I grew up with animals in the country, and never in my life have I had to deal with a flea infestation. The vet surmised that one of my new kittens may have brought them in. Yippee! And the maintenance medicine that the vet has Ginger on evidently makes her a magnet for fleas. Would have been nice if they had mentioned that earlier. Oddly, I had no trace of the fleas in my house and no bites on me. When I gave Ginger a bath last week, thinking she had some sort of skin rash, there weren't even any fleas in the damn bath water. I had no idea she was infested until the vet found them on her last night.

So much for a nice relaxing pre-Thanksgiving weekend. My ass was up to midnight last night, putting flea treatment on all the cats and washing bedding and shit and vacuuming every-fucking-goddamn-inch of the downstairs, including furniture. The forecast for SB is more of that shit tonight, tomorrow, and Sunday. Plus the vet gave me some spray that I have to spray on the furniture and carpet. I called my sister in tears last night.

If any of you dear folks have dealt with fleas in the past and have any good tips, PLEASE, PLEASE, let me know. With 8 pets, I need to get rid of this shit and FAST! I will flea bomb if necessary, but am trying to avoid that, because of the mess I'm told it makes and because I have three kittens that I don't wish to poison with toxic fumes.

Have a good weekend all. I should be back to regular blogging (I hope) on Monday. Excuse my lack of comments on your blogs today. I don't think I'm going to have a lot of time for reading.

Love, SB.

15 comments:

Vinomom said...

Hi there - The Dish sent me over here! So funny that I read this post today because I just went through the exact same thing!

http://vinomom.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/flea-fi-no-fun/

I am still finding the occasional flea though here and there and the dog is still itching like crazy, although we haven't found any fleas on him when we've looked. My vet told me Flea Bombs really don't work that well. We vacuumed, sprayed and powdered, I go into more detail in the post. Good luck!

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Vinomom,
Welcome, my dear! I too dig the vino, especially the red stuff.

I will check out your post. Thank you SO MUCH. I can't tell you.

Come back soon. Any friend of Dish's is a friend of mine.

I'll be over to your site shortly.

Best, SB.

afk4life said...

SB
I had dogs before and all it took was that dropper of shit behind the neck, bam, no more fleas. So not sure how they're so out of control. Alternatively, you could start a flea circus and charge admission.
Doug

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Gee thanks, Doug! Laugh.

ashtree said...

Flea Go powder works pretty well. It's mostly boric acid, and is way safer than most of the sprays and bombs. I believe it works by drying up the little bastards. You just sprinkle on carpet and leave for a few days, then vacuum.

I can sympathize. The fleas made a visit about a month ago and I spent over a week washing the cats (always so much fun), washing the dog, flea combing everyone, and sprinkling that stuff on the carpet every few days. I think I finally got things under control. I really fucking hate fleas.

Good luck!
Love,
~Ash

The Dish said...

As soon as I started to read this post I thought of Vinomom. On the very day I sent her your way. I love how the cosmos aligns sometimes!

Much love. Fleas suck. I better not get this curse. I will cry.

Sweden said...

i had fleas twice, once in vancouver we had 3 cats and all 3 got pregnant so we had a shit load of cats, they were outdoor cats so thats how they got them, we got advantage for the older ones the kittens were too young then we cleaned out all the sofas and beds with spray and the fleas went away weirdly enough.
i dunno i cant really remember this was in van and i was high on meth like 24/7 lol

5 years ago my roomate brought a cat home that gave mine and eileens cats fleas again got advantage and they went away, we brushed them regularly with a flea comb to get away the dying and dead fleas. and that was that.

Bethany said...

The flea meds should work wonders. Make sure you get the drops made esp for kittens. You knew that though I'm sure. Good luck, poor girl.

Ms. Moon said...

I think if you just get 'am all Frontlined you should be okay. Man, I hate fleas. I have stories I could tell you...
But from the old days before they had the new flea treatments.
Honey, I hope you get SOME rest this weekend. Really. I do.
Love you, dear....M

Marco Dante said...

You MUST be busy. No posts about Johnny Depp Being named "Sexiest Pirate Alive" by People Mag? Or have you been so busy you missed the announcement all together? (BTW / Still don't get it.) Luv, Marco

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Ashtree,
Thanks for the tips, my dear.

Love you,

SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Sweden,
Thanks for the info, girl.

Love you,

SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Bethany,
Thanks. I got the kitten ones. Actually the package said for kittens and adults.

Love, SB.

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Thanks, Ms. Moon. I love you back! I hope the wedding was fun. I thought of you.

Love,

SB

Sarcastic Bastard said...

Marco,
SB loves hearing from you!

I'm sure old Johnny was mortified for his second big win with Sexiest Man Alive. He hated the first go-round.

Stupid bullshit award.

Hope all is well.

Love, SB.